In the message yesterday, I challenged everyone with the scripture from 2 Corinthians 13:5 “Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves.” To help you do this I shared 15 Questions! Several of you have asked for a copy of the questions. These questions grew out of my reading “Crazy Love!” by Francis Chan. Specifically out of chapters 4 and 5. I hope the questions help you to do some self-examination and that the examination helps you to focus on and grow your love for God, His Church and others!
1. Have you convinced yourself that attending church is enough?
2. Are you willing to give money as long as it does not mess with your standard of living?
3. Do you choose what is popular over what is right when in conflict?
4. Do you want to be saved from your sin or from the penalty of your sin?
5. Are you watching others do things for God, but never joining in?
6. Do you share your faith?
7. Are you comparing yourself to the world to find spiritual satisfaction?
8. Do you allow Jesus to have all of your life or do you just give Him a part?
9. Is there a limit to your service? (Time, money, energy!)
10. What do you spend most of your time thinking about: Life here on earth or life there in Heaven?
11. Do you allow guilt to move you closer to God or farther away?
12. Are you more interested in how far you can go and it not be sin?
13. Do you play it safe and fail to take risks for the Kingdom?
14. Can you see that there is room for growth and improvement in your life?
15. Are you willing to take the steps?
Take some time to really think through these questions. I know that I have a lot of work to do. I am looking forward to what God can do with me and through me as I work on some of this stuff. I am praying for you and I ask you to please pray for me. Remember: We can do this for God’s glory and everyone’s blessing!