I hear people say it all the time: “I am so tired!” We live rushed and busy lives and still at the end of the day, we have all kinds of stuff that needs to be done. Almost everyone I talk to, could use some rest. What most of us fail to realize, is that there are different kinds of rest and rest is very necessary to our doing our best…
1. Sleep! Sometimes we just need to lay down, close our eyes and forget about everything. Our body needs sleep time to rest and rejuvenate physically, mentally and spiritually. Take the steps you need to take to get ready for this time, so you can get it’s maximum benefit.
2. Home Alone! There are times when you need to be home, all by yourself with nothing to do. This gives rest to all the different areas of your life by just allowing you some time to let your guard down.
3. Vacation! Everyone needs a little time away and a good vacation allows you that. A good vacation should allow you to vacate your normal everyday living for an option that contributes to your rest and rejuvenation.
4. Art Appreciation! We need to take time to enjoy a good book, moving music or creative works of self expression. It’s an extra benefit, if we can actually take time to be involved in creating something special from our own self expression.
5. Solitude! We need time away from all the “Noise, Noise, Noise!” It is absolutely amazing how spending just 5-10 minutes sitting in silence can work wonders in our life and living. Just a few minutes of solitude allows us to do a soft reset that makes a bigger difference than you realize.
6. Outside Time! This is one of my favorites. Just taking a few moments to go into nature for a walk or just to sit on a bench, while we feel the warmth of the sun or the energy of a gentle breeze. To hear the chatter of the squirrels or the sweet songs of the birds does something that words can’t explain.
7. Take A Break! You know the old saying: “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!” Everyone needs time to break away from the normal and the mundane to experience whatever else it is that life has to offer and it is amazing the difference that a small break to enjoy a hot coffee or a cool drink, with some good conversation can make in helping us to be and do our best…